Certification Center “RadioCert” provides services of the type approval of measuring instruments with the entry in the State Register of Measuring Instruments and of obtaining a certificate of the type approval (metrological certification).
Services of our Center include (i) the development of the documentation package with carrying out tests in accordance with the applicable legislation, (ii) entry in the State Register of Measuring Instruments of all types, including the following measuring equipment:
- Call duration measuring systems (SIDS);
- Data volume measuring systems (SIPD);
- GPS/GLONASS terminals, navigators, devices for transport, geodesy, security and payment systems;
- Vending machines, machines for filling and packaging;
- Temperature, humidity gauges and other parameters meters;
- Oscilloscope, other radio-electronic measuring equipment.
Certification Center “RadioCert” provides a full scale of services ranging from the receipt of the type approval of measuring instruments, preparation of the certification application and documentation package, test program development, organization and supervision of testing at the Accredited Testing Lab to obtaining the Metrological Certificate by the Customer.
To foreign manufacturers of measuring instruments, Certification Center “RadioCert” provides professional translation of technical documentation from English/French/German by certified translates.
Metrological Regulation in Russia and Eurasian Union. Entry in the State Register of Measuring Instruments
Federal Law No. 102-FZ of June 26, 2008 “On ensuring the uniformity of measurements” came into force in 2008. The purpose of the Law is to ensure the uniformity of measurements in Russia, observance and protection of the rights and legal interests of citizens to receive accurate, actual and truthful measurements.
In accordance with the Law the Russian State Register of Measuring Instruments is being kept. This is a federal information database intended for registration of the type approved measuring equipment. Entries in the Russian State Register are made by the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart). Measuring instruments which have been entered in the Register in due order are approved for sale and use in the Russian Federation in the sphere of metrological control and have the accuracy within the regulated standards. The receipt of the Certificate of the type approval of measuring instruments is the documentary evidence that the equipment is entered in the State Register.
Type Approval Certificate of Measuring Instruments
The Certificate is a document issued by the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) and contains the following information:
- Product name of the measuring device;
- Registration number;
- Details of the manufacturer;
- Details of the calibration methods;
- Calibration interval;
- Validity period
The measuring instrument type approval (metrological) certificate is valid for 5 years. After its expiry, the manufacturer or an official representative of the manufacturer in Russia can perform prolongation of the type approval certificate of measuring instruments by applying a simplified procedure, without testing. There is also a procedure for amending the description of a measuring instrument (Annex to Certificate).
The established procedure for obtaining the Certificate of the type approval of measuring instruments shall be carried out and it includes the following steps:
- Preparation of application with following the package of documentation for the measuring instrument: Technical Terms and Conditions, Passport, Operation Manual, information about software, equipment photos;
- Preparation of the Testing Program, Testing at the Accredited Testing Lab, issuance of Test Reports and Acts on the results of the tests;
- Carrying out metrological expertise of the test documents and test report on electromagnetic compatibility, EMC declaration or certificate;
- Transfer of the metrological expertise results to the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology for registration in the State Register of Measuring Instruments;
- Payment of the state registration fee by the applicant and obtaining the Certificate for the measuring instrument.
The Metrological Certificate is to be issued for a specific device or a series, or a batch of equipment (for 5 years). The applicant for obtaining metrological certification can be a Russian manufacturer or a representative of a foreign manufacturer.
Certification Center “RadioCert” provides full “turn-key” services for foreign manufacturers.
Type Approval (Metrological) Certificate for Measuring Instrument